Apply on indeed.com click here.
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Technician TRAINEE
Job Type: Full-time
Primarily performs environmental testing on fueling system and services station equipment out of the area, so the candidate must be able to travel and stay in hotels during the week – away from family. We will train someone who has math skills, mechanical skills, is proficient on using a computer, can take and pass tests, excellent attendance, proven loyalty, and positive, can-do-attitude. This position requires work out of town during the week most of the time. Truck and per-diem provided.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Visually inspects and tests petroleum equipment including meters, pumps, and underground storage equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe system and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Installs programs or repairs automated machinery.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as grinder, drill and cut off saws repair or assemble fueling installations and equipment.
- Maintain RETAIL fuel dispensing equipment to meet weights/measurements standards and regulatory requirements.
- Make necessary contact with proper agency in regards to repairs/compliance.
- Testing for health & fire code issues as needed for job completion.
- Maintain & repair equipment to meet all related Health/Fire/ & Weights/Measures codes.
- Insure repairs made meet manufacture standards to ensure UL rating of equipment.
- Assist owner/operator in training on use of any equipment as requested.
- Assist owner/operator in compliance issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Education and/or Experience
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of mechanical, electrical, electronic and computer skills.
- Preferred 3 years of experience working on a wide range of petroleum equipment troubleshooting issues to solve the equipment issues.
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Language Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform calculations needed for environmental testing.
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Other Skills & Abilities
- Ability to use calibrated test vessel, multi-meter, hammer drill, generator, soldering iron and computer.
- Ability to drive a heavy vehicle safely.
- Ability to tow a trailer if needed – and back up the truck with the trailer without damage.
- Ability to retain technical information for use and testing purposes.
- Ability to take tests and pass tests for certifications.
- Ability to get into small confined spaces and perform work.
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must hold valid driver’s license and driving record must be within the standards set by company management.
- Must be able to pass a DOT medical exam if driving a truck that requires this.
- Preferred Certificates:
- ICC UST Installation and Retrofit
- ICC UST Tightness Test
- Cathodic Protection Certification – NACE
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, lift above the head up to 50 lbs, stoop, kneel sometimes for extended periods of time, crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Petroleum Equipment Environmental Tester Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General Requirements as an Employee
- Be courteous to other employees and customers.
- Be professional with employees and customers.
- Develop product and technical knowledge.
- Use time wisely.
- Use good communication skills with employees and customers.
- Meet deadlines/commitments.
- Show commitment to organization by keeping people informed of projects.
- Use good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Successful, complimentary part of the office and field team.
- Be a stellar employee who is committed to making the business successful and who has a positive, can-do attitude.
- Be part of solutions and not part of problems.
- Computer: 3 years (Required)
- Electronics: 3 years (Required)
- Mechanical: 3 years (Required)
Education: Associate (Preferred)
Location: Coeur d’Alene, ID (Required)
License: Driver’s License (Required)
Language: English (Required)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Required travel: 75% (Required)
Apply on indeed.com – click here.
Return to Employment – click here.